Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hello, Goodbye

We're saying goodbye again today. I'm going to be honest, it's been a very hard week. Everyone keeps telling us how amazed they are at our strength and our faith, but it doesn't feel like I'm that strong right now. I keep wanting to ask the one question I know I won't ever get a full answer to... Why? Why us? Why Noah? During the past week, several people have helped give some answers to that question. So many people have been touched by Noah and his story. Knowing that has helped make this somewhat easier to bear. 


Today I wanted to share a song that I have thought about a lot after Noah passed. It was written by Michael W. Smith for another little boy named Noah whose life was cut short as well. It so closely matches my own feelings. I haven't been able to listen to it yet because just reading the words brings tears. It has always been one of my favorite songs I just never wanted it to apply to my child.


Hello, Goodbye
Michael W. Smith

Where’s the navigator of your destiny?
Where is the dealer of this hand?
Who can explain life and its brevity
‘cause there is nothing here that I can understand

You and I have barely met
And I just don’t want to let go of you yet

Noah, hello, goodbye
I will see you on the other side
Noah, sweet child of mine
I will see you on the other side

And so I hold your tiny hand in mine
For the hardest thing I’ve ever had to face
Heaven calls for you before it calls for me
When you get there, save me a place

A place where I can share your smile
And I can hold you for more than just a while

Noah, hello, goodbye
I will see you on the other side
Noah, sweet child of mine
I will see you on the other side


6 comments:

  1. How sad and how sweet. I am so sorry that this song has to relate to you and your family. There is not anything anyone can say to make you feel better. Just turn to God and take it one day at a time. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so sweet! God bless y'all always!!! We love y'all~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee -OImom to TroyMarch 31, 2011 at 2:52 PM

    Troy and I are thinking of you daily!!! I too have had your thoughts, but no where near as deep as yours, "why Lord? why Noah?".....but we are not to know why really, just have to believe it was His will and know that Noah is home where he belongs! I am so sorry you have to go through this, Noah did touch many lives including mine! I will never forget Noah (I never forget any snowflake Angels!!), he was a special boy and forever will be! May the Lord continue to walk with you along this journey! I pray that you know you always have family with OI parents and anytime you need anything you just let us know! We all think of you and hurt for you daily! may the Lord keep you strong and help you to understand "why?"....much love and many hugs to you and Aaron today and everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron, there are no words that can take away the pain and heartache. I can only imagine what you are feeling, thinking, and dealing with. I want you to feel peace, love, and hope. And even if I'm not there to do it I am sending a hug to you and yours. Sometimes an embrace can do so much more than words. So reach out to the person next to you and give them a big hug and I want you to know that is what I want to give you. And when you do feel some peace come over you, and you will in time, know that that is God giving you the same kind of hug. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just read your blog about your precious Noah. Almost 50 years ago our little snowflake came into this world. Back then there were no sonograms so we didn't know until she was born that she did not have a skull. Her heart beat, but she never drew a breath. My heart goes out to you and I'll be asking God to give you peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin and Aaron, I have been keeping up with your blog since I found it. I feel like I have ached endlessly for you all through the whole journey and I have had countless family members and friends praying for you all. I hope you both know that your strength is a daily inspiration to me. Thank you for keeping us so informed on how everything is going. If you ever need anything, I hope you will never hesitate to call. 580-799-0583. I'm here to talk, listen, pray or just cry, anytime you need!
    -Laura Peoples

    ReplyDelete